Friday, January 21, 2011

Music Cyber Camp January 15

         The Cyber Camp was a success. Well the weather was terrible and I’m sure a few people were stuck at home with all the snow. Never the less I had seven people show up. Three kids, two boys and one girl aged 10-14. Four adults, two men and two women aged 40-60. I used a laptop, the projector and my guitar with some notes and links I had prepared to show everyone how to use the internet to find all the information they needed to teach themselves how to play any instrument. First showing TAB sites that use tablature, a simple form of reading music (numbers instead of notes) to transcribe and explain how to play any song their hearts desire and also include basic to advanced lessons within. Secondly I showed the class video sites such as Youtube.com that with the right search let the viewer find and see instructional videos and lessons on any instrument for almost any song and style of play out there. For questions asked I answered the best I could (finger placement, tuning, string names, and more) and used the internet step by step with everyone to find the other answers, which helped my cause to teach using the internet as the tool that it is to help find any information the person is seeking, be it music or anything else on their mind. All and all I believe it was a success in helping the students get some information, learn how to search for the information themselves and also get excited about learning and enjoying more music.

Johnny B keeping it classy.

No comments:

Post a Comment